Located on the grounds of the Carnegie Center, the 1850's cabin built by the Kammer family is a living history exhibit. The cabin was originally located in Casco Township, Michigan and relocated to the museum grounds in 1981. The cabin was slated to be torn down by property owners at it's original site. During the beginning of demolition, multiple layers of siding were removed and the original cabin was discovered. The property owners realized what a historical treasure they had on their hands- and offered the cabin to the Port Huron Museum. The museum happily accepted the offer, and the Kammer Cabin is now a permanent fixture on the grounds of the Carnegie Center.
Volunteers wear period dress, cook period meals and give historical presentations at the cabin. Educational programs are also offered, please contact us for more information!