Pages Navigation Menu
The Carnegie Library became the Port Huron Museum of Arts and History’s Carnegie Center and opened its doors on May 3, 1968.
The HURON was the last lightship on the Great Lakes when it was retired from active service in 1970.
In 1971, the Michigan Historical Commission named the Fort Gratiot Light a Historical Site.
Thomas Edison worked from 1859 to 1863 as a “news butcher” here, pedaling newspapers and candy to passengers riding the train